As Summertime rapidly approaches, one of my favorite healthy dishes to whip up is CEVICHE. Personally, I am allergic to shellfish, so my ceviche is typically made with a fresh white fish (snapper, halibut, bass, etc), or perhaps sometimes tuna. Simply dicing up some fresh (never farm-raised) fish, mixing up with lemon and/or lime juice, garlic, peppers, onions, cilantro… let it marinate for 4-24hrs… my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Some quick notes about ceviche’:
1) Mix in glass or stainless steel bowl
2) Play around with the ingredients.. the picture here is 3 different tuna-based ceviches.. different flavors, textures, etc.
3) Great snack on gluten free crackers or on cucumbers, or wrapped in lettuce. Perfect for parties too!
4) Make sure to cover fish with enough liquid to let the fish “cook” evenly. The acid in the lemon/lime “cooks” the fish.. Also good to know when camping.
5) Share your favorite ceviche’ recipes with friends, family, and ME! 🙂